IOS downgrade help please

Reaction score
I recently (unfortunately) upgraded my 6th gen iPod touch to 10.0.2 and now it will not sync to iTunes, whenever I plug it in I get this message: iTunes could not connect to the iPod touch “Samuel's iPod touch” because an invalid response was received from the device.
I now know this is due to the fact that I am running an older version of Itunes (12.2.2.25) which is not compatible with iOS 10.
I am unable to update my iTunes as my Mac Book Pro I'm running is OS Lion 10.7.5. Upgrading to a new OS system is not an option for me.
I've already tried downgrading my iPod but Apple is no longer signing off on older versions of iOS.
Could someone please tell me if there is any other way to downgrade or what options I have for putting music on my iPod from my computer and taking photos off to iPod and saving them to my computer without using iTunes.
Thankyou

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Because Apple's policy is to stop signing their firmware updates after a new version is released, it makes it very difficult to downgrade to earlier versions of iOS. There are several websites that give instructions on how to do it, but they may or may not work, which is why we don't normally recommend them.

iTunes is the best and only official way to sync music from your Mac to your iPod. Image Capture should still work to import photos from the iPod to your Mac. What is the exact model of your MacBook Pro?

You could do Google search to see if you can find them, but you do so at your own risk.

C

Ask a Question