Installing CS6 on iMac

Reaction score
Hi All,

Let me first start by saying, I am a complete newbie to Mac. I was a hardcore PC guy that recently had HAD IT with Microsoft and all the garbage that comes with it.

With that said, I'm trying to install CS6 on my new iMac and get the following error message not even 5 minutes in, "Installation has encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Now, I have also been given a MacBook Air at work for testing (I'm a network engineer) and I tried installing the same software package on that, and it installed without issue. I used the same exact disc I used when trying installation on my iMac.

I can only assume, that this may be a result of the OS. However, reading some articles, it should work on my iMac.

I believe I have Maverick on my iMac. As for the MacBook...I honestly don't know, nor do I know how to find that information.

As I said earlier, I am new to the Mac world...and still learning how to navigate the OS.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
IG

Ask a Question