Installing application

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I am completely computer illiterate on Apples. I have two applications to be installed. The .jar files say to place them in "lib folder". What is this and what do I do? I also have two files .dmg. I need to be told "click file, click here, click there..." etc. Argh. Any help is appreciated

Reaction score
First of all, what applications are you trying to install?

Secondly, for the one involving the ".jar files", I've never seen any such application to be installed tell me to place such and such a file here, there, etc.

Third, for each .dmg file, first, you use your mouse and double click the .dmg file. Then, another screen appears, and typically, it has a .pkg file (meaning package). Once again with your mouse, double click it. From there, you'll get another acreen which is self-explanatory as to how to proceed with the installation

Reaction score
I installed the dmg files but its asking for licenses. I have them as .jar files. my friend who knows all this stuff and got me the program said all i needed to do was drag the jar files into the lib folder. not a patient guy, so I can't keep asking for anything. Great.

Ask a Question