Initial Caps of Sentences

Reaction score
In the Apple Menu, System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Services, Under 'text' I have selected 'Initial Caps of Sentences'.

This worked once, and now it no longer does. Not in Text Edit. Not in Bean.

I've restarted the computer, and created new documents and tried again. The preference remains selected, but I'm not getting the initial capitalization of Sentences.

Help.

Reaction score
Sorry its not a standard Service, you may need to go back to the App that installed it?

Reaction score
Sorry its not a standard Service, you may need to go back to the App that installed it?

That's NOT a standard Mac service?

Huh.

(a) I'll go back and try to figure out what App I installed that has this capacity. That sounds like something that will keep me out of mischief for a while.

(b) IS there a standard Mac Service that does this?

(c) Is there a good program that does this that I can install?

Thank you for the answer.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
As far as I know, the release of Snow Leopard saw the end of the type of Service entries you seek, you can however download the 3rd party solution; WordService and resurrect the Initial Caps of Sentences, along with other useful Service entries.

You can find the download in the Freeware section, 2nd last in the list.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.3 and I just downloaded/installed & after selecting Initial Caps of Sentences in:
Sys Prefs ~> Keyboard ~> Keyboard Shortcuts ~> Services,

I found the new Services entries accessible from within Text Edit, Firefox & Safari and no doubt every other app that has uses Services ...

Ask a Question