Imac 24 inch hdd

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to repair my daughters imac and during the process I have lost the screws and locating pins for the hdd attachment I will need to replace the hdd as original hdd and screws etc is missing (lost).
If some one can let me know where I can source the items I would be very pleased indeed
Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since the hard drive isn't a user-serviceable part, it may be difficult to locate parts. That being said, my suggestion would be to check out companies like:

We Love Macs
PowerbookMedic

They may have the parts you need.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,
Thank you for the helpful info I found Powerbook was a very good lead and they had a few other bits I need also.
I think I have tracked down the HDD screws etc I will know after Tuesday this week.
N

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have finally received all the missing items for the iMac installation is complete and now I am waiting for my daughter to send me the osx discs (oem version) that she is trying to locate!!! in the mean time I have purchased osx leopard from ebay which is in the mail I will keep my fingers crossed hoping it will be satisfactory to get things up and running.
Cheers N

Reaction score
Once you install OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), you can "upgrade" to any later Mac OS for free! All you will need to do is go to the Apple Store and download the OS you want to get to. Once that file is downloaded to your machine, there will be A file entitled "Install OS X "OS Name"". For example, if you down load Yosemite (OS 10.9.5), the name will be "Install OS X Yosemite". However, just to let you know, that naming convention changed "somewhat" with Sierra, OS 10.12. I did download it, and in my Applications folder (also made a copy of it in another location), the name is "Install macOS Sierra".

Once the download is finished, make sure to make a copy of it in another location on your drive (or even to a location on an external drive). When you decide to "upgrade" from Snow Leopard, it would be wise to not do a "upgrade in place", but instead, do a clean, "virgin" installation of that newer Mac OS. To do that, though, it will be imperative to have a good, reliable, and recent backup of your "last" OS 10.6.8 to an external device.

Reaction score
One other thing I forgot to add to my post above is that it will be necessary to insure that any third party software that you use is compatible with the OS you are upgrading to. That might require downloading and installing upgrades for such programs, whatever they are. For example, whenever a new OS comes out, I have 5 programs that I need to do this for:

1Password
SuperDuper!
Onyx
TechTool Pro
Office 2016

Reaction score
Hi all thank you for your input much appreciated I installed the new osx disc from ebay the disc just spins away and the lcd remains BLACK no audio have to shut off to stop the disc but also will not eject the led indicators are all ON except #4 which remains OFF indicating either video card or Logic board not communicating with lcd or lcd failed the fans run too I will now have a look at Logic Board and remove video card to do the oven trick .One more thing how can I eject the osx disc manually?
This little project is taking on a life of its own anyway keeps me off the streets.
Cheers N

Reaction score
Well I had success with the graphic card oven fix I doubted that but there you go it worked so I have the osx installed and the unit is now up and running albeit with cooling fan NOT running and NO sound my adventure continues .
Cheers N

Reaction score
sound is OK found Mute selected put in cd and had trouble ejecting cd but finally got it out
was blocked on the opening slot.now cpu fan is not running does this fan only run when temp sensor tells it to run ? what would disconnecting temp sensor do would fan just run flat out ?
N

Ask a Question