I don't what this is called and can find nothing about it.

Reaction score
Ever since l got this MacBook Pro it has been fine. Except for the fact that l cannot:

-Open and view replies on a YouTube comment, neither can I open and view the description box of a video, l cannot subscribe to anyone (l can view replies on other social media sites, though).

-On Codeacademy, my Mac does not allow me to change pages. If I want to go to the next page of a lecture l have to refresh, then go to the next page. If l want to go to the next page after that or go back a page l have to refresh again and so on.. and when l write code onto the page the keys jumble and if l use caps or shift to upper case a letter it will do two letters and many other confusing bs. Even when l do manage to write what l a supposed to, the page does not register me writing anything so l cannot go to the next page, regardless. (keyboard mumbo jumbo only happens on Codeacademies code page thingy)

-On Reddit, l cannot log in because my Mac does not let me click the log in button after l have entered my details. (and when l say my "Mac doesn't let me", l mean when l click the button to log in or view the description of a YouTube video or open replies to a comment on YouTube, the button it is unresponsive and doesn't do anything)

-On SoundCloud, when l bring up a menu within the page (share, add to playlist) l cannot close the page through the "x". l instead have to press esc to close it.

-Also if l press the trial button for any of Adobe' software, the next page after you press the option does not load.

l honestly don't know why this is an issue and l assume it is a code issue or something. l am not a coder so l can't read code, so may l suggest you try make those actions above on your own computer and see if there is any correlation between those actions. l'd assume the problems are Need to be fixed asap because a 2 thousand dollar laptop should not be actin' this, yah dig?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
The problems all point to using a web browser & not directly at your MBP.

So firstly, which browser do you use?

Do you have another web browser you can use for testing purposes?

If not try downloading Firefox & check if the problem persists.

Do you have all the latest updates? If not run Software Update.

What Mac OS X version?

Reaction score
The problems all point to using a web browser & not directly at your MBP.

So firstly, which browser do you use? google chrome, this happens on all other browsers as well

Do you have another web browser you can use for testing purposes? ive tried safari and firefox

If not try downloading Firefox & check if the problem persists. tried

Do you have all the latest updates? If not run Software Update.

What Mac OS X version?

Reaction score
Cory asked which browser you use. When you say 10.10.3, that is the version of Yosemite that you have. An update to the OS came out recently, and it includes a newer version of Safari (assuming that is the browser you are using). You can get the OS 10.10.5 Combo Updater from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1832?locale=en_US

You should install that. If you use Safari, and then try the newer version contained in 10.10.5, and if the problem still happens, you should do as Cory suggests and try another browser. (I provided the link to the latest version of Firefox above).

Ask a Question