HTML5 problem

Reaction score
I could be doing something wrong, but since the latest update last week I can't play youtube or any other HTML5 videos. Anyone else having the same issue?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

-Which update are you referring to?
-Do you have Adobe Flash installed?
-Did you ever get your original Safari issue resolved?
-If you are currently using Safari, have you tried another browser such as Chrome or Firefox?

C

Reaction score
After updating to MacOS Sierra the ability to watch HTML 5 videos stopped. Flip 4 Mac is installed and the latest Flash.

No, My lost lower case M is still a Mystery. An additional problem is friends Mail going to junk folder.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

I believe that macOS Sierra disables Adobe Flash and other plugins, due to their recent security issues. YouTube shouldn't require Flash to play HTML5 videos. You can re-enable Flash if you want by going to Safari > Preferences... > Security > Plug-in Settings... and change the settings for Adobe Flash to allow it to be used. I am not sure if the latest version of Flip4Mac will be compatible, as I haven't had it installed/used it for a couple of years now. It may just be the same settings as above for Flash. Also, disable or remove ClicktoFlash (Safari > Preferences... > Extensions) if you have it installed.

I still haven't found new information for the M key issue.

Check your settings in Mail > Preferences > Junk Mail to see if any of them changed. If Junk Mail filtering is enabled, try adding your friend's email address to your Contacts. Also, you could highlight one of their emails in the Junk folder and then click Message > Mark > Mark As Not Junk in the menu bar, which should clear their email address from the junk mail list.

C

Reaction score
I removed Flip4Mac and still get a message that my browser doesn't support video formats available. Perhaps Apple is telling me that a late 2010 MB Air is too old?

Reaction score
Went to extensions and disabled what I thought was removed (Flip4Mac) and now it works on youTube.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
My lower case m has returned! The only changes were Sierra upgrade and removing Flip4Mac and flash.

Ask a Question