How to Connect MacBook Pro to 2560x1400 Korean Monitors?

Reaction score
I currently have a nice setup at home with 2 X-Star 2560x1400 PLS monitors and a beefy PC tower I use for games and stuff.

I recently purchased a Late 2012 MacBook Pro with the intention of plugging it into both of the monitors and being able to "swap" between machines if needed. (If I can only use one monitor with the Macbook that wouldn't be the end of the world.)

It would be nice if it could share the audio, mouse and keyboard that I already have, but that's not a huge requirement as I can use something like Synergy or Sharemouse.

A friend of mine told me to contact Startech to get some recommendations. A rep there told me to get their SV231DD2DUA KVM along with 2 USB 3.0 to DVI adapters.

I recieved all of it yesterday and the USB to DVI adapters don't work at all. I tried two different MacBooks and a few PCs. I assume it's something to do with the Korean monitors. It just shows a color cycle when I try to plug one of them in. I'm going to return them.

What's the best way to go about doing this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Are you trying to leave the monitors connected to the PC and the Mac simultaneously?
-Do the displays work normally when directly connected?

I do know that the USB to DVI adapters don't usually work very well. They suffer from screen lag and can only sync with some of the supported resolutions. KVM switches usually work best with two computers of the same type - i.e. PCs or Macs, not a mix.

My suggestion would be to simply use one monitor for the PC and one for the MacBook Pro.

C

Ask a Question