How can I show word and web browser on the same screen?

Reaction score
I'm on my laptop. I don't want one to swipe left when I open the other, or for chrome and word to split screen (I couldn't work that out either, the green dot on right shows arrows instead of a plus which suggests they're incompatible to split screening anyway) or anything fancy. I just want both open, one behind the other that I can move around, like I used to be able to. Please help!

Reaction score
Well, I am typing this while using Chrome, and also have Word opened. Both of those icons are in my Dock (along with a number of others), so all I need to do is move the cursor to it, and select it.

Reaction score
That's what I could do. Now I've got el capitain I can't anymore. I need to revert back to how it was. Any ideas?

Reaction score
That's what I could do. Now I've got el capitain I can't anymore. I need to revert back to how it was. Any ideas?

I am using El Capitan (latest version is 10.11.5), and it works fine for me (and has always worked, no matter which OS I use). Not sure why the icons are not in the dock. Are there any icons in the Dock?

If the one for Word is not there, you can just drag Word's icon from the Office 2011 folder to the Dock (same with other apps).

Reaction score
Cheers... It's in the dock. What happens when I click on word is the screen swipes left and chrome disappears leaving me with word, when I click chrome screen swipes left and I've got chrome but word has gone. I just want both on the screen at the same time

Reaction score
I solved the problem. Somehow and for some irritating reason, I can now create extra new desktops, press F3 and you can, which is entirely pointless when you have one screen. I hate you sometimes Apple

Reaction score
Cheers... It's in the dock. What happens when I click on word is the screen swipes left and chrome disappears leaving me with word, when I click chrome screen swipes left and I've got chrome but word has gone. I just want both on the screen at the same time

On my Mac MIni, with an external Sony 19" display, and my 13" MacBook Air, after launching Chrome, it takes up the entire screen. When I launch some other apps (like Word and Transmission), it takes up about 20% to 60% of the screen (I guess I can adjust it). But, for Excel, iTunes, and Quicken 2007, each of those takes up the entire screen (again I can adjust it).

Ask a Question