Help with Operating System and Flash anyone?

Reaction score
Went to watch a YT video this morning, but the screen showed up as black saying I needed a Flash Player update. Thus, I did so. When I went to open the download from Adobe, it opened up MATLAB, which is a program I downloaded on my CPU a couple of weeks ago for school.

Thinking I did something in error, I tried again ... and again. It doesn't install the update, but rather, opens up MATLAB each time. I can't watch any videos of any kind on any website.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Reaction score
Which browser are you using? Since I use Firefox, I get those messages also.

Maybe you can try and download Adobe Flash Player via this link:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player

Note that the version from that screen is a beta one. The "last" stable one was V 15.0.0.189. If you just place the mouse over where it says Download, you'll then see a little popup screen that shows these two versions.

Reaction score
I'm using Safari. The suffix at the end of the file is ".mdlp", so I don't know if that makes a difference. Can't it to work still.

Reaction score
I just looked at the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player file I recently downloaded, and it ends with the typical ".dmg" designation. Not sure what you are referring to regarding the ".mdlp" suffix.

Did you go to that link that I provided above, and download it?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
if i'm on a website other than Adobe.com & suddenly see a message urging me to update flash player by clicking the provided button, I close the page & navigate to Adobe.com & download the latest player from there, it's much safer.

So scrap the .mdlp file & follow honestone's advice.

Ask a Question