Help! Left Library behind on upgrade.

Reaction score
In upgrading my wife's Power PC G4 to a 2009 2 Gz Dual Core Mini, somewhere down the line from migrating from G4 to Mini, when I put the Apple OS upgrade disk in the Mini, the boxes on Applications and Files and Folders were already checked but the Library box was unchecked. I thought, well, they must know something I do not so I did not check it. Big mistake. I learned what the Library is. Did not get my wife's iPhoto (big) files transferred, her saved email or her saved Safari items transferred.

I Photo files are huge ,so too large for jump drives. Portable hard drives in either USB or Firewire are incompatible between the two machines. (And the Firewire is not working on her Mac, but that is another issue, I presume. The upgrade disc (OS is up to 10.6.8 now) won't let me start from scratch and select the Library upgrade. Don't want to upgrade further until I get this problem solved. Any solutions? The G4 is still on the home network for whatever that is worth.

I guess the main issue is getting her iPhoto library transferred.

Reaction score
I don't know if there is an "easy" way (or any way at all) of resolving this as things stand now, but as long as everything on the Power PC G4 is the same, you can start from the beginning. But, what is unclear is how you used the "upgrade disk" with the Mac Mini to "move/upgrade" things. So, let us know how you did all that. Once you let us know how exactly you did that "transfer/upgrade", we can help you batter.

Ask a Question