Google Chrome browser scrollbar missing

Reaction score
In my Chrome browser v39, I often have no scrollbar at the right, preventing me from seeing the entire page. What is the issue and how do I get a scrollbar? I am using Mac OS 10.10.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Until we can figure this out were you aware you can use the up/down arrows and/or the Page Up/Down keys to see the full webpage?

Reaction score
I use the latest version of Firefox (and running Yosemite 10.10.1), and right now, there is no visible vertical scroll bar on the right hand side of this page. But, if either I use the mouse's scroll button, or the up and down arrows on the keyboard, the page scrolls up and down, and the scroll bar appears for a brief period of time.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You have stumbled upon one of the recent changes in OS X. The scroll bars are hidden until something is scrolled. To keep them visible always:

Apple menu > System Preferences... > General > Show scroll bars: > Always

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Ron,

As usual, Cory is the man! I followed his steps, and sure enough, the choices at "Show scroll bars" are:

Automatically based on mouse or trackpad
When scrolling
Always

I have the first one checked, but if you want the scroll bars visible all the time, check "Always".

Ask a Question