Glad i made the change need some help

Reaction score
Good morning can someone explain the difference to me between iphotos and pictures. For instance I go to alot of car shows and take pics should I put these on iphoto. What about thumbnails i am saving on the computer where should i put those. Do both iphoto and pictures give you the ability to make a slide show or view a slide show. Can you make a slide show of thumbnails that are in a folder. Any help appreciated\
Mark

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi yudlooz and welcome,

I use Image Capture (which you will find in your Apps folder) to manage the downloading part of my digital photo collection as I find it much better than letting iPhoto have full control of downloading my digital images to my Mac. Image Capture lets you choose which photos you want to download and this is very important to me.

It's a good idea to read through the iPhoto Help info as there is a ton of helpful stuff there about managing your photos. If you have a folder of photos from a particular car show on your Desktop, just drag it straight onto the left collumn in the main iPhoto window. Now you have added the photos to the Library AND created an Album all at the same time. Albums are where you catalogue your photos and you can also create a Folder to store Albums of a catagory, say ... Car Shows. In the Car Shows Folder you would store all those Albums that show the photos you took at a particular Car Show ...

From experience, when you add a photo or a batch of photos you must first press Command + , (comma) to bring up the Preferences window, then choose Keywords and edit/add Keywords that best suit your particular photographic interests. Then when that's done, go to the photos you've just imported and press Command + I and tick the box/es that best describe the group you are working with ... then drag the photo/s to their respective Albums or create a new Album by selecting a group of photos or just a few, then drag them straight from the iPhoto Library window to the left Source column and an Album will automatically be created for them ... just add an appropriate title and you are on your way to having an organised iPhoto Library ...

Export an iPhoto book to movie

Create stunning slide shows

Ask a Question