Freezing up

Reaction score
Using iMac early 2009, with OSX 10.9.4. Been working fine until now. Every few minutes, the curser changes to a spinning wheel, and the computer freezes up for 1-3 minutes. The curser (spinning wheel) will move with the mouse, but nothing works. If I try to force quit, even that won't happen until the curser changes back to normal. Thought it might be slow internet connection, but it happens even when not online. Often happens when scrolling...just freezes up for a few minutes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,

I would first run permission repair, clear the list and run maybe three or four times. Post back results.

Reaction score
oldscribe, I tried running permission repair, didn't solve the problem. I also zapped the pram (figured it couldn't hurt), still no help. So I went to Apple and reinstalled Mavericks (osx 10.9.4). This seems to have corrected the problem. Wish I knew what caused it in the first place though. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
oldscribe, I tried running permission repair, didn't solve the problem. I also zapped the pram (figured it couldn't hurt), still no help. So I went to Apple and reinstalled Mavericks (osx 10.9.4). This seems to have corrected the problem. Wish I knew what caused it in the first place though. Thanks for the help.
Interesting that I
I'm having the exact same problem. I've been a little hesitant to install Maverick but I guess it's time to install it.

Reaction score
Hi,

The OP's issue was after they installed Mavericks, which OS X are you running now?

Ask a Question