Firefox Sync

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this or not, but it was the closest category I could find.
Just can't get Firefox Sync to Sync bookmarks, like it doesn't even see the other Mac. I have an iMac that I use daily and just recently bought a Mac Book Pro for the wife. The iMac is OS 10.6.8, Mac Book is OS 10.11.1. Have gone as far as to uninstall Firefox using AppCleaner and re-install. Still no connection or syncing. Can't be this hard. What am I missing?
The old Sync would send emails and/or ask which machines to sync. Nothing on the go around. When re-installing FF, and Sync, was told that an account has already been established.
Tried Firefox forums with no help.

I'm lost!!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

The little I know about Firefox Sync tells me it is probably an issue with the different OS X and Firefox versions. I believe they have to both be on the latest version for Sync to work.

-Which versions of Firefox on each mMac?
-Are you signed in with the Sync same account?

C

Reaction score
Both machines are running FF44.0 and signed in under different user names.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Did you meant the computers or Firefox are signed in as different users? Firefox needs to be signed in with the same user for Sync to work.

C

Reaction score
That was it! Two different users. Hers & mine. Now it's all mine.
Thanks a ton. I just knew it something simple that I was overlooking.

Ask a Question