Firefox questions

Reaction score
When browsing w/firefox I can not quit with key commands if I have visit multiple sites. There is only one tab active usually when this happens. I can still shut down with the menu command. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Ron

Reaction score
I just tried this with Firefox, having the MacHelp, Espn, and Weather.com sites open. When I pressed Command-Q to quit Firefox, that is exactly what happened. That is, all those 3 sites were closed, and I was done.

Is that the keyboard command you are talking about?

Reaction score
I just tried this with Firefox, having the MacHelp, Espn, and Weather.com sites open. When I pressed Command-Q to quit Firefox, that is exactly what happened. That is, all those 3 sites were closed, and I was done.

Is that the keyboard command you are talking about?
yes command Q. not working. Menu command works. Please don't ask what menu.....

Reaction score
Does Command Q work with other applications, especially another browser?

Also, what do you mean by "Please don't ask what menu....."?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you press Command Tab to bring up the app switcher, then while still pressing Command, use Tab to navigate through the open apps to Firefox & then press Command Q, does it still not quit?

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help. I must apologize for omitting a pertinent detail, private browsing is activated, the command is indeed com. Q. Yes that sequence works normally in the normal firefox browsing mode. I sometimes have full screen enabled if it's a music performance. Should I have to exit full screen to be able to shut down firefox?

I sure appreciate the help I get here. Sorry if my question are things I should already know. I got a mac to music recording mostly with the idea of not having to become and too involved in the nuts and bolts of apps and protocols. The change to the dark side of processor madness changed all that. For me.

Ron

Ask a Question