FireFox (MAC) Safe Browsing - PrivateLee

Reaction score
Does anyone have information about the PrivateLee search engine for use with FireFox on a MAC? I've read conflicting reports on whether PrivateLee is legitimate.

Much thanx.

Reaction score
Although I can't say I know anything about their authenticity, a number of blogs/sites have referred to PrivateLee as spyware or even virus-like. I liked using it, and would again if others find it to be legitimate.

I'm trying DuckDuckGo, and it's interesting, but I'm not sure its results are complete enough.

Any advice you can give will be much appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with PrivateLee. However, I did a little research and I am a little concerned about its safe use. It seems to be more of an extension/add-on that redirects your URL requests, unlike DuckDuckGo which is a web-based private search engine.

There are many hits on Google which show how to remove PrivateLee and the issues it causes. I would tend to believe that it is not worth the security risk it poses.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for looking into this. I think I'll stick with DuckDuckGo -- the more I use it, the more comfortable I am with it.

I very much appreciate the help you've given me.

Ask a Question