files automaticly duplicating themselves!

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have an imac that is currently running on Yosemite 10.10.5. I have an EXTREMELY annoying problem where every time I make a new folder and drag files into it, they make copies of themselves with the extension of _tn. over and over until I'm left with 20 or more copies within seconds! I repaired my permissions, then went back and checked my disk utility again and it said that everything was fine, but still the same thing occurs! I'm currently upgrading my OS as I'm typing this, I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Does anyone know what is causing this?! It's driving me nuts and I'm afraid to save my work to my external drive because it might be corrupted somehow? HELP please and thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have never heard of this issue. Let us know if the upgrade to OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 corrects it, and we'll go from there.

C

Ask a Question