Faxing

Reaction score
When I go through the procedure to fax directly from Word or Excel, in the print window, the action box says PRINT. Under PDF there is no FAXPDF option shown in the dropdown menu as the directions say there should be. When I choose my FAX Machine from the options at the top of the page, the action box changes to FAX, but it is not active. How do i fax a doc?

My fax machine shows in the system preferences.

I am using 10.10.2

Reaction score
Since i am getting no help perhaps if someone sees what I am talking about it may help you help me.

These are the "How to Fax from your Mac" Instruction.

"You can fax files directly from your Mac to any fax machine or computer that’s set up to receive faxes. If your Mac has a modem connected to a phone line, it’s automatically configured to send faxes. (Note: I can fax documents manually)

Note: The following provides instructions for printing using the standard features in OS X and may not match your setup. If these instructions differ from the user interface you’re seeing, refer to the documentation that came with the app you’re using.

1. Open the document you want to fax, then choose File > Print.
  2. Choose Fax PDF from the PDF pop-up menu.
  3. Choose your fax machine from the Printer pop-up menu.
Here is what I see when i follow the instructions....There is no Fax PDF option

Here is a picture from the systems folder showing the Fax Machine recognized.

Anyone Help please!!!!

Ask a Question