Entourage 2008 and Maverick

BGC

Reaction score
Hi folks. Before I buy Entourage 2008 somewhere or another, I need to know that Maverick will run it. I'm running word 2011 but can't stand Outlook. Anyone out there running Entourage on Maverick? Any particular problems installing or running?

I'm happy with the rest of Word 2011. Is there a problem having two versions of Word on one computer?

Thanks ahead of time.

BGC

Reaction score
These is all Microsoft products, no Mac advantage using them.

I'm happy with the rest of Word 2011. Is there a problem having two versions of Word on one computer
Yes, there can be. Clicking on the wrong files can open the wrong version.

I use Mail, but there are a few good Mail Apps on the App Store.

Reaction score
Hi folks. Before I buy Entourage 2008 somewhere or another, I need to know that Maverick will run it. I'm running word 2011 but can't stand Outlook. Anyone out there running Entourage on Maverick? Any particular problems installing or running?

I'm happy with the rest of Word 2011. Is there a problem having two versions of Word on one computer?

Thanks ahead of time.

BGC
Entourage 2008 may run on 10.9 but I am not sure if its fully tested and bugs resolved if any. So, first double check if compatibility and bug issues.

BGC

Reaction score
These is all Microsoft products, no Mac advantage using them.

Yes, there can be. Clicking on the wrong files can open the wrong version.

I use Mail, but there are a few good Mail Apps on the App Store.

Thanks Kaveman. I'll check them out. I've been running Entourage on my G5 for centuries and love it. However, the G5 is having a few problems and won't run Entourage right now. I'm in the middle of a major project and can't take the machine to be fixed for a while. I live in the outback. So I'm trying to find out if I can import the contact file into an Entourage program running on the Maverick machine. But I'll take a look at the other apps. Don't like Mail either. Entourage has made me picky! All the best.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Although I haven't used it extensively, Entourage 2008 should work on Mavericks. I use the rest of the Microsoft Office 2008 suite (when I have to for files sent to me) and I haven't had any issues so far under Mavericks.

I cannot unconditionally guarantee it, but it should be fine. As always, just make sure you have a current Time Machine or other backup of all your data.

C

Ask a Question