eMac won't start up

Reaction score
I just got back from a week long trip out of town. When i pushed the power button on my eMac it made the start up noise but didn't turn on. Now, it won't turn on at all. Pushing the start button has no effect. I tried making sure it was properly plugged in, and made sure the power stip and outlet worked. I"m not sure what to do now.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Reaction score
it does absolutley nothing at all ?
could be alogic board failure or your psu being hosed

Reaction score
I just got back from a week long trip out of town. When i pushed the power button on my eMac it made the start up noise but didn't turn on. Now, it won't turn on at all. Pushing the start button has no effect. I tried making sure it was properly plugged in, and made sure the power stip and outlet worked. I"m not sure what to do now.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Not sure if you are based in the UK. but if you are, have you checked the fuse in the plug?

Reaction score
If your eMac will try to start reset PRAM by
After pressing the Power button hold down the Command-option-P-R until you here a second start up chime.

If your computer won't even try to start up then
unplug your Mac
remove the access door on the bottom of the eMac
You should see a small button PMU (Power Management Unit)next to the battery
Push the button once "Caution Pressing the PMU button a second time may cause the PMU to crash"
Wait 10 seconds before plugging back in and test

Ask a Question