Deleted content

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, text messages and photos. My other phone and iPad were both backing up to the cloud, but not this one !!!! I took the phone into the apple store where the guy did a factory reset before I'd even sat down. I know they say you should make sure it's backed up before you let them get their hands on it and it's MY fault for not checking. The phone has not been connected to a computer ,cloud or text messages since so nothing would have been overwritten by more activity. Hope you can help

Reaction score
Hi,

Double check here on your Mac.
Home: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

Reaction score
Hello,
I won't be back in front of my mac till tonight, so I will try then. Is that just to check that it wasn't synced to my mac or cloud? In theory could it still be on the phone?
I'm appreciating your help.

Reaction score
Hi,
The iPhone backups on the Mac should be at the location I gave, and would be date stamped. You may not have realised that you have done this, as it is silent so to speak, where as the cloud sometimes needs a prompt. I would double check this on phone: settings-iCloud-storage and backup.
No if they did a factory reset it will be like out of the box.
Hence always best to backup regularly.

Reaction score
I'll let you know how it goes. Text and photos are for court evidence! I assumed the setting were on for back up. Assumption being the mother of all f**k ups. If other phone or iPad ( which do auto back up) had been wiped and not backed up, it wouldn't have mattered. I only took the phone in because it wasn't pairing on Bluetooth. Thank you

Reaction score
Hi,

Photos may not be a problem if before the reset you had this option turned on in settings-iCloud.
Check iPhoto or Aperture on the Mac whichever you use then click cloud in the left pain.

Ask a Question