Deleted by mistake via Filezilla

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am using an OS X mac, and I have a big problem.

I was trying to create my website, and started to use filezilla. Remembering (or not) an old tutorial about filezilla, I went and deleted all files, with the window on the left. Seeing my desktop beginning to empty, I panicked and forced filezilla to close itself. But the damage was already done.

I almost deleted everything on my computer. I can not open applications like photoshop, I get an error message: "impossible to open this application..." with the number -10810. I almost lost everything.

I tried a lot of data recovering softwares such as disk drill and wondershare data recovery. It appears that they can see the lost files, but won't recover them unless I pay for a pro version. Expensive. Please no.

Does anybody have a solution? I just cannot believe it is that easy to lose EVERYTHING I have in my computer.

By the way, I did not turn off my computer since this incident.

A million of thanks if you find the time to help me.

Reaction score
Here is a link to the results of a google search I just did for "Data Recovery Software for Macs":

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dat...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

From my limited reading in this subject, Data Rescue 4 is the best product available. But, it costs $99. However, if you can't find anything for free that works, and if your data is important, it might be well worth it to spend the $99.

I'm surprised you did not do a backup first, before starting the delete process. In any event, no matter, how you recover all your data, the absolute next thing that you must do is to make a backup of everything. The "free" version of SuperDuper! is an excellent program for such a task. I have been using it for a couple of years now for both of my Macs, and am I glad I use it! In fact, about 6 weeks ago, it "saved my bacon", so to speak, as I was able to do a restore from the most recent SuperDuper! backup I had done two days earlier.

Reaction score
Here is a link to the results of a google search I just did for "Data Recovery Software for Macs":

https://www.google.com/search?q=Data Recovery Software for Macs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

From my limited reading in this subject, Data Rescue 4 is the best product available. But, it costs $99. However, if you can't find anything for free that works, and if your data is important, it might be well worth it to spend the $99.

I'm surprised you did not do a backup first, before starting the delete process. In any event, no matter, how you recover all your data, the absolute next thing that you must do is to make a backup of everything. The "free" version of SuperDuper! is an excellent program for such a task. I have been using it for a couple of years now for both of my Macs, and am I glad I use it! In fact, about 6 weeks ago, it "saved my bacon", so to speak, as I was able to do a restore from the most recent SuperDuper! backup I had done two days earlier.

Yep, everyone kept telling me I should have a backup thingy. And since nothing like that never happened to me, I just ignored them and now I despise myself. I'll keep trying, thanks for your quick answer.

Reaction score
Charles,

If you don't mind giving me your EMail address, I can help you further.

Ask a Question