Computer virus

Reaction score
I recently had a virus on my machine, an Apple MAC Pro serial CK8051T0XYK, 2008-2012,running El Capitan OSX. `although the message appeared authentic, I did not respond, and put my computer in to an engineer, to install a fresh software El Kapitan package, and update my Norton Virus protection, When the machine was returned to me, it booted up O.K., but I had to leave it for a while, and it went to sleep. On waking it up, it requested my password, which I had used previously , and which had been passed on to the engineer, but this did not work. Although I eventually got all the facilities back, by using force quit, I changed the period that it would go to sleep to 4 hours, but I still am unable to unlock the computer to change the date or submit a new password, or even download a copy off El Kapitan, to re-install, without the password. The computer engineer who did the work, a large firm in the NW of England, is refusing to answer my phone calls or reply to my emails, for a reason I do not understand, and it is an 80 mile round trip car journey to go to see them! Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Barry

Reaction score

Ask a Question