Change Computer ID

Reaction score
I recently bought a new iMac and was advised in the store to enter a certain ID. How do I change that ID to enter my computer?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Where did you purchase your iMac...at an Apple Store?
-What ID did they advise you to enter? An Apple ID, or a user account that they helped you setup?

C

Reaction score
Yes, I purchased it at an Apple Store. They advised using an Apple ID but in my haste I put in the password. Actually, for convenience I want to use something more simple.

Reaction score
I hope I'm not posting this twice but my reply is not appearing here. I purchased my Mac at an Apple store. They advised me to use my Apple ID but in my haste I entered my password. For convenience I want to use something simpler. On my Mac laptop I just used my three name initials--much quicker than my Apple ID

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, it did post twice. If it doesn't show your post immediately, simply reload the page. ;)

You should be able to change the user password on the iMac via the Users & Groups preference pane. If you click on Change Password... for your user, I believe you can turn off the Use iCloud Password and simply change it.

C

Ask a Question