Can't Edit Contacts

Reaction score
Hi All --

Re: 15" MBPro, 2.2 GHz, Core i7, OSX 10.8.5

In Apple Contacts (and also in CoBook) I am unable to edit any contacts. I can open a contact, click the Edit button and make changes, but after clicking the Save button, the contact data reverts to what it was before.

I also see that there are 9 Address Book related plist files, of which several are duplicates with a "lockfile" suffix. I'm guessing that the problem might be due to the "lockfile" duplicates and deleting some/all of them might fix the problem, but before blindly trying that, if anyone can provide advice here, I will be very grateful.

These are the plist files with lockfile duplicates:
com.apple.AddressBook.abd.plist
com.apple.AddressBook.abd.plist.lockfile
com.apple.AddressBook.plist
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.lockfile
com.apple.AddressBookSourceSync.plist
com.apple.AddressBookSourceSync.plist.lockfile

This plist lockfile is on its own:
com.apple.AddressBook.sync.plist.lockfile

These plist files do not have lockfile duplicates:
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.aLPoWRW
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.vkBl05q

Lastly, I should mention that, per on the sync plist files above, my contacts are sync'd between my MBPro, iPhone 4S,
and iPad Mini -- I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem or not but thought I should mention it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Hi,

On your MBP go to Contacts
> Preferences > Accounts,
What accounts do you listed or enabled?

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly try this,
  1. Quit Address Book
  2. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/
  3. Delete the entire "AddressBook" folder
  4. Open Address Book and wait for the address book to automatically repopulate.
  5. This may take a minuet or two.

Reaction score
Thanks much! That seems to have fixed the problem. I only tried editing a couple of random contacts, but the changes did stick, so it appears that all is well, thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

Your welcome, thanks for the feed back may help other users who encounter this issue.

Ask a Question