Cannot update iPhoto on Yosemite

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a MacBook Air which I bought from someone I don't know a while ago. Anyway I updated my os to Yosemite from Mavericks, the problem I am having now is that I cannot update iPhoto as it seems like its attached with the old id, which is not possible as I reseted the book when I bought and attached everything with my Apple ID. The App Store asks for my own Apple ID for all other updates but when it comes to update iPhoto it asks for the other Apple ID of which I don't know the password. Now I am stuck and cannot open iPhoto neither can I update it.

I cannot even downgrade my OS to Mavericks to change any settings etc.

My apple id is ali.aruz at outlook. But you can see in the attached image that when I have choose to upgrade my iPhoto it displays me a different ID. Its only happening with iPhoto.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Ali

Reaction score
Hi,

Please remove your Apple ID from post never good to broadcast it ever as it is so important.
Now to your question, if the Mac came with Mavericks then IPhoto is free, so back up the iPhoto library then delete iPhoto, now download new version from App Store and re install libaray backup.

Reaction score
Hi,

Please remove your Apple ID from post never good to broadcast it ever as it is so important.
Now to your question, if the Mac came with Mavericks then IPhoto is free, so back up the iPhoto library then delete iPhoto, now download new version from App Store and re install libaray backup.
Thank you for the reply, about my Apple ID, I cannot modify that now. But thank you again for the help.

Reaction score
Hi,

Possibly the best thing to do is make a Clone of your system to an external disk. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.;)

Reaction score
Its resolved, I removed the iPhoto from Applications and then re-installed it. It automatically updated my library. The library file was in pictures.

Reaction score
"Possibly the best thing to do is make a Clone of your system to an external disk. Use Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper."

Yes, you need to do that as soon as possible. Carbon Copy Cloner and the "full featured" version of SuperDuper! cost $$, but the "free/demo" version of SuperDuper! is exactly that: free. I definitely rely on it, and it works flawlessly! Here is a link to download the latest version, 2.7.3 (just came out on Friday):

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/13803/superduper!

Just click where it says "download", and then install it.

One caveat about the "free" version: in that mode, SuperDuper! does not clone the Recovery HD partition/software. The paid version does, as does Carbon Copy Cloner. But, after doing a restore via the free version of SuperDuper!, there is a way to get back the Recovery HD partition. The Yosemite version is not out yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

Ask a Question