cannot select multiple emails

Is there a setting I'm missing to not be able to select multiple messages in outlook on my mac?

• wrong setting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wrong settings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
cannot select multiple emails in outlook on my mac pro. Shift and command unresponsive in this applecation

Reaction score
I have Outlook 2011, and I just tried it on my Mac Mini (I suspect this will also work on my MacBook Air). All I did was hold down the Shift key, then use my mouse to click on the messages I would include in the selection. (This selection method is not machine dependent).

What are you trying to do?

Reaction score
Im just trying to select a group of emails to delete at one time. When i select one the hold down the shift key and try to select another all it does is move off of the previous one selected and opens up the other in a new window

Reaction score
Well, I just did it, and it worked fine. What I did was launch Outlook, selected 4 EMails in my In Box (holding down the Shift key the entire time, and clicking on each one), and then clicked on Delete located at the third one "in" (first two choices are EMail and New). From there, those selected EMails wound up in my Deleted Items folder. I then clicked on that Deleted Items folder, pressed Command-A (for Select All), hit the Delete choice again (at the top), and after saying yes to deleting them, they were gone.

It's important to remember, though, for space purposes, that all those Deleted Emails do not actually get deleted from Outlook's Database. To permanently get rid of them, you need to Rebuild Outlook's Database. I do that once a week on both of my machines.

Reaction score
cannot select multiple emails in outlook on my mac pro. Shift and command unresponsive in this applecation

Make sure if you could arrange the sight by From, and then choose the email and delete selected emails from the list. You could categorize the emails too, plus can choose & delete the emails on category based.

But the best and easy way to select multiple emails in outlook on Mac Pro is to choose the mails by pressing Shift + down arrow or else highlight first mail in the group and “Shift +” click on the very last email in the group.

Hope the above information will assist you.

Reaction score
Mayra,

That's an excellent tip about how to select a group of EMails (consecutive ones). Fortunately, though, I get rid of unwanted/unneeded EMails right away, so in most cases, I have only 2 to 4 of them to delete. The only time I have a lot more is when I don't use either of my machines for a few days.

Reaction score
Amazes me that no one has responded to his issue. He just stated that all of a sudden he is no longer able to select all.
All he gets here are how to do it. That works well when it works BUT REPEAT HE IS NO LONGER ABLE TO DO JUST THAT!

Reaction score
This is a six year old thread. Could be why, or could be that not many people use Outlook on a Mac.

Ask a Question