Cannot get CD out of MacNotebook

Reaction score
I was doing a complete restore on my mac notebook and the second disc was damaged so I couldn't install it. I thought I would install Leopard as I have that on my desktop mac computer. It wouldn't install it and now I have no idea how to get the CD out of there.

I know I need new up dates CD's for my computers but I haven't got around to doing that yet and I can't do an update as both computers are outdated.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Reaction score
29 views and no one can help so I guess I will find help somewhere. Thanks anyway.

Dave

Reaction score
It would be good if you told us what Mac model you have. But, there are at least 2 ways you can do it. One of them is when your Mac starts to boot up, hold down the "CD Eject" key on the keyboard. It is located just to the right of the "Make Volume Higher" key along the top row. And, assuming it is some kind of "extended" keyboard. there is a little space between this eject key and the F13 key. You'll need to hold down that "Eject CD Key" until the CD "pops" out.

If that does not work, here is the other method (and I have used this in the past). Turn off your Mac and unplug it. Insert the open end of a paperclip into the Force Eject hole on the bottom-right of the CD tray, and push in to force the tray to eject. Remove the CD-ROM from the tray, and push the CD tray back in to close it.

And, there is this one previously posted by Cory Cooper:

"You can also hold the mouse button down while powering on. Keep holding it and the disc should eject. Also, you can perform an Option-boot - hold the Option key down while powering on. When it comes to the grey screen to select the startup disk (should show the Installer CD icon), hold the Eject key down and the disc should eject."

Hopefully, one of those should work.

Reaction score
I couldn't tell you what Mac model I have because all I could see was a gray screen with a question mark flashing on it. I have that problem solved also now. (I think)

I was able to get it out with help from another forum. I have copied yours because you have some great info and help here. Hopefully I will not have to use it again for a while.

Thanks again.

Dave

Ask a Question