Cannot change timezone in reboot mode

Reaction score
I downloaded new OS X El Capitan in the App Store and proceeded to install it but it failed and I got this error:
"An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again."

I tried changing the disc partition but without success.
I also rebooted the computer holding CMD + option + R + P and went to Terminal and realized the date was incorrect so I changed it and then tried to install the El Capitan again but the same error came up.

However, I can see in terminal that it says PDT for time zone, but my time zone is CET. I don’t know how to fix the time zone. Maybe that would solve the issue of installing the new OS X.

Please help

Reaction score
First, what specific Mac model do you have?

Secondly, what OS were you using prior to the attempted installation of OS 10.11?

Third, and most importantly, you do have some kind of backup, don't you?

Additionally, prior to downloading El Capitan, did you insure that all your third party applications would work with the new OS? Myself, I did download OS 10.11, but have not installed it yet, as two of my critical applications, Onyx and TechTool Pro, have not been upgraded yet to work with the new OS. Also, there seems to be a "synching" issue with Outlook 2011 (I use Office 2011, and depend upon Outlook for my EMail), although it might not apply to me. Even though I don't use it, there are also some significant issues with Office 2016 and El Capitan.

Ask a Question