Can not print.

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini about 4 or 5 years old. Connected to it are two Epson Printers (One 3800 & one all-in-one Workforce 845). All has worked fine until recently but now I can not print to either printer. I have checked to make sure the connecting cables are still intact (they are). When I try to send a print job to either one, everything appears to be normal on the computer (the printer icon appears as usual with the various print jobs showing in the queue).

It seems unlikely to me that both printers would fail at the same time. Also the all-in-one's other functions still work. Am I correct in assuming that this is a hardware problem within my computer & I should either repair or replace it?

Reaction score
I'd start by uninstalling the Printers and reinstalling them with the latest drivers.

Yuck what a Windowsy thing to have to say.

System Preferences > Printers > Minus them out, then Plus them back in.

Reaction score
I'd start by uninstalling the Printers and reinstalling them with the latest drivers.

Yuck what a Windowsy thing to have to say.

System Preferences > Printers > Minus them out, then Plus them back in.
Thank you. Even though I had traced the cables and all connections looked tight, I did so again, this time I jiggled each connection and then firmly reseated it. Both are working fine now. Sorry to have bothered you.

Reaction score
Appreciate you letting us know it's sorted :)
Certainly! I tried to delete my original post, but by that time 'Kaveman' had already responded and I now see no way to delete anything but my most recent comment. If those of you more knowledgeable than myself know how to delete this; I'll not be offended if you do so. There's no sense in taking up anyone else's time and effort.

Ask a Question