Can I read/store Powerpoint files on iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by me@privacy.net, Jan 31, 2011.

  1. Guest

    Engineering student here

    I get a lot of class "lectures" in the form of
    Powerpoint files/slides

    Can I download and keep these PP files on my iPod Touch
    and read them as well.... instead of printing out on
    paper all the time?

    If yes, what is the best "app" for doing this?
     
    , Jan 31, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Engineering student here
    >
    > I get a lot of class "lectures" in the form of
    > Powerpoint files/slides
    >
    > Can I download and keep these PP files on my iPod Touch
    > and read them as well.... instead of printing out on
    > paper all the time?
    >
    > If yes, what is the best "app" for doing this?


    on an ipad you could use keynote, but for an ipod touch, just print it
    to a pdf and lots of different apps will be able to read it, including
    ibooks.
     
    nospam, Feb 1, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    nospam <> wrote:

    >on an ipad you could use keynote, but for an ipod touch, just print it
    >to a pdf and lots of different apps will be able to read it, including
    >ibooks.


    I saved that PP files as JPEG files and that works
    too.... just save them as photos to my iPod

    But I think saving as PDF files a better idea....yes?
     
    , Feb 1, 2011
    #3
  4. nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > >on an ipad you could use keynote, but for an ipod touch, just print it
    > >to a pdf and lots of different apps will be able to read it, including
    > >ibooks.

    >
    > I saved that PP files as JPEG files and that works
    > too.... just save them as photos to my iPod
    >
    > But I think saving as PDF files a better idea....yes?


    more than likely yes, especially if there are details you want to read.
     
    nospam, Feb 1, 2011
    #4
  5. Guest

    nospam <> wrote:

    >> But I think saving as PDF files a better idea....yes?

    >
    >more than likely yes, especially if there are details you want to read.


    Ok thanks so much!
     
    , Feb 2, 2011
    #5
  6. jc Guest

    On Jan 31, 5:01 pm, wrote:
    > Engineering student here
    >
    > I get a lot of class "lectures" in the form of
    > Powerpoint files/slides
    >
    > Can I download and keep these PP files on my iPod Touch
    > and read them as well.... instead of printing out on
    > paper all the time?
    >
    > If yes, what is the best "app" for doing this?


    I use the very handy DropBox app, which lets you sync directories on
    multiple computers, and store local copies on your iPod/iPhone. It
    can view all office formats, including PowerPoint.

    -jc
     
    jc, Feb 9, 2011
    #6
  7. Guest

    jc <> wrote:

    >I use the very handy DropBox app,


    yes I keep hearing abt drop box

    guess I will have to check it out
     
    , Feb 9, 2011
    #7
  8. jc Guest

    On Feb 9, 2:58 pm, wrote:
    > jc <> wrote:
    > >I use the very handy DropBox app,

    >
    > yes I keep hearing abt drop box
    >
    > guess I will have to check it out


    It's a very handy system in general for syncing directories between
    remote computers, and the easiest way I know to copy
    files wirelessly to an iPhone/iPod. Among other things, I use
    it a lot to download itineraries, maps, etc to my iPhone when
    I go out of the country and don't want to spend the
    $$$$$$$ for roaming data.

    -jc
     
    jc, Feb 10, 2011
    #8
  9. Guest

    jc <> wrote:

    >On Feb 9, 2:58 pm, wrote:
    >> jc <> wrote:
    >> >I use the very handy DropBox app,

    >>
    >> yes I keep hearing abt drop box
    >>
    >> guess I will have to check it out

    >
    >It's a very handy system in general for syncing directories between
    >remote computers, and the easiest way I know to copy
    >files wirelessly to an iPhone/iPod. Among other things, I use
    >it a lot to download itineraries, maps, etc to my iPhone when
    >I go out of the country and don't want to spend the
    >$$$$$$$ for roaming data.
    >
    >-jc



    Do I have to install some kind of software on ALL
    devices above.... to use dropbox that is?
     
    , Feb 14, 2011
    #9
  10. nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > >It's a very handy system in general for syncing directories between
    > >remote computers, and the easiest way I know to copy
    > >files wirelessly to an iPhone/iPod. Among other things, I use
    > >it a lot to download itineraries, maps, etc to my iPhone when
    > >I go out of the country and don't want to spend the
    > >$$$$$$$ for roaming data.

    >
    > Do I have to install some kind of software on ALL
    > devices above.... to use dropbox that is?


    yes, you need to install the dropbox software or software that supports
    dropbox (text editors, password management apps, to do lists, etc.).

    you can also access the files on dropbox via a web interface, but at
    least one machine needs to be syncing data.
     
    nospam, Feb 14, 2011
    #10
  11. Guest

    nospam <> wrote:

    >you can also access the files on dropbox via a web interface, but at
    >least one machine needs to be syncing data.


    OK Good... glad they have a web interface as well cause
    I cant NOT install any software on the computers on
    campus..... yet I do have files and a "desktop" on the
    system
     
    , Feb 15, 2011
    #11
  12. jc Guest

    On Feb 15, 2:18 pm, wrote:
    > nospam <> wrote:
    > >you can also access the files on dropbox via a web interface, but at
    > >least one machine needs to be syncing data.

    >
    > OK Good... glad they have a web interface as well cause
    > I cant NOT install any software on the computers on
    > campus..... yet I do have files and a "desktop" on the
    > system


    If you have the local client installed, then you assign a particular
    directory (and subdirectories) to DropBox, and then anything
    you put there will be synced to all of your other DropBox
    client machines automatically, as well as to a web area
    you can access from anywhere. There is a special subdirectory
    called "Public", and you can create a shareable link
    to anything under that tree that will not require you
    to give anyone your password.

    If you do not have a the client installed, then you can upload
    files directly to the web area, which adds one more step, but
    it is still the easiest way I know of to wirelessly get arbitrary
    files to your iPod/iPhone.

    The access from your iPod/iPhone client is a little different.
    Rather than sync the entire directory, it accesses the web interface
    and allows you to download and view the files you want; however,
    you can flag certain files as "favorite" (by hitting a little star
    icon),
    and that will cause a local copy to be stored, which you can
    view when out of web contact.

    You get 2Gbytes of storage for free, with the hope of course that you
    will want to buy more, but I've found 2 perfectly adequate for keeping
    my active files.

    -jc
     
    jc, Feb 17, 2011
    #12
  13. Guest

    jc <> wrote:

    >You get 2Gbytes of storage for free, with the hope of course that you
    >will want to buy more, but I've found 2 perfectly adequate for keeping
    >my active files.
    >
    >-jc


    thanks for the input JC!!
     
    , Feb 18, 2011
    #13
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Newsbot

    EA iPod touch Games [Apple Store Event]

    Newsbot, Dec 3, 2008, in forum: Mac Gaming
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    536
    Newsbot
    Dec 3, 2008
  2. Newsbot
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    382
    Newsbot
    May 5, 2009
  3. TaliesinSoft
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    92
    TaliesinSoft
    Sep 7, 2007
  4. Dan
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    122
    Steve Folly
    Sep 27, 2007
  5. Gerhard Torges
    Replies:
    27
    Views:
    275
    Gerhard Torges
    May 19, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page