Calendar

Reaction score
Just up graded to El Capitan and all the events in Calendar have disappeared. How do I get them back? I don't want to link up with Facebook, Twitter or any other site and I don't want to use iCloud. I can't enter new events into this new Calendar so what's user friendly about it?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Are you using an iCloud calendar, or were the events only locally stored on your Mac?
-Can you see the events on any other Apple device - another Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Hi
I hope I'm not using iCloud and I do not have any other devices, only my dear iMac quad. I have a connection with Yahoo on my calendar if that helps, but why do I have to connect to anything just to enter events?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You can see if you are using iCloud and logout of iCloud by looking at  > System Preferences... > iCloud.

You don't need to connect to anything to use Calendars, but your Yahoo! account may be syncing its calendars with the Calendar app. You can check by looking at  > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts. Click on your Yahoo! account in the account list on the left, then see if calendars is enabled. If so, you should be able to disable it, then re-enable it, and the calendars should re-sync. You can double-check the Yahoo! calendars to see if that is where your events were, by logging into Yahoo! via a web browser and checking the events there.

If it is not enabled as above, do you have a Time Machine or other backup with which you could recover the local calendars on your Mac from?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory
Thanks a lot for your advice, I have now got my dates back and I can enter an event.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

I assume the delete, then re-enable is what brought the events back?

C

Ask a Question