Bluetooth Photo Transfer

Reaction score
HI. I'm new to iPhone and have just got a 5 but I can't work out how to transfer photos via bluetooth. Can it be done? Any help greatly appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately it's not a built-in or native feature. Bluetooth on the iPhone is for communication with headsets/speakers, Apple Wireless Keyboard, and automobile - hands-free calling and some audio streaming.

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Unbelievable! No Bluetooth !!!

I couldn't live without BlueTooth on my phone photo/music transfers on the fly ... Is this across the board for all iPhone models ??

Wow ... speechless now.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, all iPhones. However, beginning with iOS 5, you can sync to your computer via WiFi instead of with the Dock-USB cable.

Remember...since the inception of iCloud, you can automatically download music, apps, and books purchased on any iDevice/Mac that uses the same Apple ID to all other devices/Macs.

I believe there are third-party apps that allow file transfer directly between devices.

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You can tell I don't have an iPhone ... or an iPad at that .. just 6 macs of various vintage!

I completely forgot about iCloud! It's a D'oh! moment for me!

One day I'd like to own an iPhone but it won't be anytime soon unless I get lucky :)

The wifi sync sound like a very hand option, for my android phone I use AirDroid which utilises wifi and turns your web browser into a sort of Finder window for your phone ... a real time saver. It's not much good for bulk file uploads though .... My Bluetooth is flakey ever since I decided to replace the internal speakers of my iMac C2D and damaged the BlueTooth fitting ... it's currently held in place with a combination of tape and blue-tack ... it works but only if I hold my phone against the right side of the iMacs bezel :)

Ask a Question