Beginner needs help

Reaction score
When I first opened the Interface builder I closed several windows, just experimenting with the thing, now I cant get the windows open for the Library, Main IU, etc. What's the secret to getting these windows?

Another question, I stared several projects in cocoa that I want to delete, how do I delete old projects?

Thanks,
Bob

Reaction score
Yes, its strange that they have 2 places to look. For the Main Document objects you need "Window > Document (command - 0 (zero))" Menu and the other pallets are found at the top of the "Tools" Menu.

You just locate the Folder with the project name and Trash the whole folder. There are lots of additional Files and Folders that make up a Project so just deleting the .xcodeproj file would have little effect.

Reaction score
Don't know if this thread will get me an answer, but hopefully someone will direct me to the correct one. It has been decades since I programmed in Assembler, Fortran, Mumps and other codes that I've forgotten, but I have a grandson that is interested in learning C++... (on a Mac OS 10.6). Where and how can I get him started?
I found a site that teaches C++ online, but they are suggesting the Xcode IDE which seems to be only available for Professional Mac Developers. What else is out there?

Reaction score
If you're programming on the Mac you should focus on Objective-C, more popular and a better fit with the APIs.

Xcode is a free download from the App store, and available to anyone.

Reaction score
Also, if you have an OS X 10.6 install DVD, Xcode's on that too. Just insert it and then look for the "Extra Installs" or whatever it's called.

Ask a Question