Automator Only Searches iCal back to a certain date?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an automator script that filters an iCal calendar according to event titles. However, it appears that automator only searches back to a certain point.

When I search iCal for a given event title, I get results back to 2013. However, when I run the automator script to to the exact same thing, I only get results back to 2014.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?

I am not vey experienced with AppleScript. Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could shed some light.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, I'm running 10.10.5. In further testing, it seems like the the results are limited by time OR the number of results... it's very strange! Really looking forward to some insight.

Reaction score
Correction, it does appear that the date is the limiting factor. For instance, I have events displayed on iCal back to 2014, but when I run the script I only get 6 of the 10 events, which all occurred in 2016.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-Did you contact the folks over at MacScripter?
-Is it a built-in Automator action, or did you build a custom one?
-Is there anywhere in the script that has options that you could set the date range?

C

Ask a Question