Automator for Newbie...

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've a question about automator - I'm new to this application so there's a lot for me not very clear up to now, and maybe, you could give me some hints:

I would like to program an action that automatically detects new JPGs in a certain folder, opens OCDKit for each of the JPGs, makes a standard conversion into PDF and saves it to the same folder with the extension *.pdf.

Could anyone give me a hint on how to do this with automator? Ever help really appreciated... :)

All the best

Thomas

Reaction score
Hi Dennis,
thanks for your suggestion and hint! In fact, Hazel is a great tool, assisting me already since many years in various fields: sorting and re-naming pictures, uploading them to Dropbox and many more. Hazel is part of my actual "PDF problem" as well, providing the scanned JPGs to the right location and many more. Unfortunately you can't make Hazel open and process documents with a 3rd party application - or did I miss something?
Thomas

Reaction score
Hi Thomas, Yes I think your correct. Hazel does a lot but it won't open documents. Bummer. It was the first thing that came to my mind. Good luck let me know if you get it going. Dennis

Ask a Question