app to create a document with text, voice, photos and music

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It depends on what your end goal actually is. Presentation software like Keynote/PowerPoint/Google Slides can all create a document that combines all of those elements. You could also use iMovie/Final Cut X to create a movie/slideshow.

-Which version of Mac OS X?
-Which model Mac?
-What exact type of document are you looking to create?

C

Reaction score
My grandchildren wand me to put some of the family history on a dvd or thumb drive. Within that text would be about 40 % pictures by volume. I have over a thousand photos. My daughter wants the text to be spoken in my voice ( I am getting a little long in the tooth)and she wants an oral history; she says its now or never. . it would be nice if I could combine everybody's wishes.

I am running LION on a late 2008 iMac. I was told my version of Dragon Dctate would not run on later OSX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information. I have edited your post for clarity, to separate your response from the quote of my post.

That project will be a large undertaking. I believe the best approach, would be to create a slideshow movie in iMovie. You can add the photos and select their duration, add music where appropriate, and then do a voiceover for your speech. You can then export it to a movie file that can copied to a thumb drive or burnt to a disc.

Honestly, it would probably be best to see if there is a local company that specializes in Mac training to help get you started, or you may get some ideas if you attend an iMovie Workshop at an Apple Store.

C

Ask a Question