All emails disappeared before a certain date!!!

Reaction score
Anything prior to 11/14 is erased from folders!!!!! I don't know how I did this?? I was saving things that I need!! The last one I can find is 11/2/14! Everything else poof:mad:!!!!!
I suppose I can go back to a date I have in October, but I don't want to lose everything since either. Please help me!!
Mahalo, Karen

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you have Time Machine set up you can enter it from within Mail.app & select then restore the emails

Reaction score
You always help me Spawn Dooley, thank you. Ok, I don't know how to get there from mail?? Also, why are they erasing? I have everything set up to NEVER delete anything from any mailbox. Also, lately some of my messages don't match the mail heading. Eg: Mail from "OX X Daily" when selected, body of mail is from "Netflix". That is one example. A few of them have done this and they are all together, like a block of messages don't match their headings? What do you think is going on? Thank you so much for helping me. Karen

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know how to get there from mail??

Launch Mail.app go to your inbox then in the upper right menubar go into Time Machine. You should then be able to see all the backups of your inbox & you can select mail then click Restore in the bottom right of the window. Along the right hand side of the window is a timeline of backups if you place your mouse cursor there you will see what I mean.

You can try Rebuild under Mailbox to see if this sorts out the header issue.

Reaction score
Thank you so much Spawn Dooley. I have a new one for you, well not new I guess, but this time I think it's my fault. All of my emails got deleted. Every single one!!!!! How do I get them back? I have been trying all day doing the Time Machine thing, but it won't work. What am I doing wrong? I opened mail, went to inbox (& each individual inbox), picked a date (march 2014), hit restore and nothing. I did notice though that right after I hit restore, the date went back to "now or today" whatever it says. Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
Hey Spawn Dooley!
I just wrote you a long message and I don't think you got it. Anyway, now I've really done it. Now all emails are gone in all subfolders!!!! Before today. I tried to restore. I went into Time Machine, picked a date (March 2014), hit restore but nothing. I did notice that right after I hit restore, the date went back to "today", instead of March. There is a new folder named "apple.mail.backup" with a sub folder "INBOX" with nothing in it. I just noticed that there are still a few sent messages and there are drafts going back to 2013!! What is going on? Do you know? Thank you for your continued help!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
queenee444 are you near an Apple Store? I really think you would benefit from their hands on advice.

Reaction score
I couldn't be any further from an Apple Store. It's at least an hour away on a good traffic day. I wish I were closer. How about this? How do I just go back and put my entire computer back to Friday? How do I do that? I have backups for everything everyday I think. My time machine just now said last backup was 7:56am today. So I should have a backup. I don't know how to put my computer back to Friday? I don't care if I lose everything from then to now. Can you tell me how? Thank you so much Spawn Dooley.

Ask a Question