airport error message

Reaction score
Can anyone help?
I have a Mac G4 - and was using office wireless network - I work for an IT support company and a guy logged it in for me when I joined.
Trouble is it won't work now that they have changed the wep key - I have tried logging in with new password- but it just says there was an error.
Nobody in the company knows about macs and I have drawn a blank (worrying give our industry!)

I haven't been able to log in to my dad's wireless either - so am clearly inept.

any help gratefully received

Juliette

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Juliette,

there are lot's of different versions of WEP...

You have to make sure that you are using the same version as the Office Network.

You need to get the 'exact' type from your IT people...

wireless001.jpg

What is the error message ?

Have you checked that you have the latest version of 'AirPort' software...just run Software Update.

Have you ever been able to log in to your Dad's network or has something changed, again what error are you getting ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Bingo...... as in
all fixed at the office and I expect it's something similar at my dad's place,

thankyou for your help

bit embarassing that my colleagues who are all IT consultants didn't suggest it! .... too busy slating my mac in the mac vs pc wars.
I put them straight!

thanks

juliette

Ric

Reaction score
No problem...glad it's working !

...I have been in IT as it were, for a verrrrry long time ;-)

regards

Ric

Ask a Question