Address bar in Safari

Reaction score
It appears that the upgrade to Safari (version 7.0.5) that comes when you upgrade to Mavericks gives you only one address bar, into which one would type an internet address or search query (such as to Google). This is utterly annoying, as unwanted material pops up as one types. The previous version, and all browser pages I have ever seen before, give you two: one for addresses and one for searches.

Is there a way to reconfigure the page so the address bar and search bar are separate?

Jim A.

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope I have understood you, try this go to view on the menu bar, select customise toolbar, then you should see some icons / signs, there is one that says history. Drag that one to your toolbar.
Or choose bookmarks - history from the menu bar.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Safari under Mavericks has combined those two functions. No way to separate them as before.

C

Reaction score
Hi C,

Oops:( did not see version 7.
Yes all you have is under History now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 23.29.38.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 23.29.38.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 301

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I'm still running 10.7.5 & Safari 6 introduced this feature … it annoyed me like all heck, initially

Ask a Question